BUDGET BILLING PLANS
Budget payment plans help members manage their electric bills by leveling out the highs and lows associated with seasonal fluctuations of electric energy consumption. The Cooperative offers two (2) budget payment plans, the Fixed Budget Plan and the Variable Budget Plan.
- The budget payment plans are available to non-commercial accounts on the residential rate within the Cooperative’s service area, in accordance with the Cooperative’s rules and regulations.
- Member must have a minimum of twelve (12) months of usage with the Cooperative, no more than two (2) late payments in the past twelve (12) months, and the member’s current account balance must be paid in full.
- A budget payment plan will continue in effect until the member notifies the Cooperative or the plan is canceled under the conditions outlined under Discontinuation of Plan.
- If a member breaches a provision of a budget payment plan and the plan is terminated, the member will not be eligible for participation in any budget payment plan with the Cooperative for a period of twelve (12) months from the relevant termination date.
Budget Payment Plans
- Fixed Budget Plan
In this option, the member will pay a fixed monthly billing amount based on the member’s average usage of the previous twelve (12) months. Each January, the fixed monthly billing amount will be recalculated based on the member’s remaining balance and the average bill of the previous twelve (12) months.
- Variable Budget Plan
In this option, the member pays the average of the previous eleven (11) months plus the current month. With each new bill, the oldest month’s usage will be dropped from the average and your current month’s usage will be added. Monthly budget payments fluctuate from month to month because they are based on a rolling 12-month average.
The Member will be billed monthly and a monthly meter reading will be required. All other billing procedures apply. All amounts due under the budget payment plan shall be paid by the member when due in accordance with the Cooperative’s standard billing practices.
If a monthly payment is not received by the due date, a late payment fee will be charged to the account based on the budget amount due and the Cooperative has the right to: (i) declare the total amount owed to the Cooperative according to actual electric usage immediately due and payable, (ii) terminate the member from the budget payment plan, and/or (iii) initiate its normal collection activities.
Discontinuation of Plan
- This plan may be discontinued by either the member or the Cooperative.
- If the member requests removal from the program, any credit or debit balance will be applied to the next regularly scheduled monthly bill.
- If electric service is discontinued, the total amount owed to the Cooperative according to actual electric usage shall become due and payable immediately.